43221 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College

43221 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College

Friday 15 April 2011

What equipment have you used over the past year?
Advantages
Disadvantages
What did I create with it? What features did I use?
Adobe Photoshop
·        There are a number of available fillers
·        Brilliant control over editing pictures and making them look more professional
  • There are a numerous effects to use on text and pictures
·        You can’t have large amounts of text
·        You can edit multiple pages
  • File sizes can be too big
I created my magazine front cover using Photoshop and used a number of features. For example, editing brightness and contrast etc.,  used tools such as the clamp tool and unsharp mask tool.
Camera – Canon EOS 350D
·        The camera stores images on a 1gb flash card and can store up to 260 images
·        A self-timer which is useful for avoiding camera shake
  • It has an 8 mega pixel setting available which is enough to take an A4 picture and print it out at 300dpi

  • Slightly risky, too expensive and big to take on location shoots
  • Only 8 mega pixels whereas professional photographers would use a minimum of 12 mega pixels to guarantee that picture quality at A3 size was acceptable.

I created my photographs for my magazine front cover and double-page spread using the Canon EOS 350D camera. I used the zooming tool and I had it in manual mode so that it was easier to focus.
Adobe InDesign
  • Column layout guides are very useful for adjusting the page design
  • It is useful for text flow
  • The margin guides make it look more professional
  • It isn’t very good at handling imagery
  • A lot of skill is needed to export documents successfully. You have to uphold links with external file
  • It doesn’t give a real-time view of the product
I created my double-page spread for my magazine on InDesign. I used the colour filling tools to create a significant block of colour and I also used the drop-cap tool

No comments:

Post a Comment